Immunohistochemistry (IHC) is a technique used to examine body components like tissues and proteins under a microscope. It visualizes and identifies antibody-antigen interaction in cells. It is widely used in the diagnosis of peculiar cells such as those found in tumors. It also reveals the difference between types of cancer and helps in personalized drug selection.
Facilities at our Lab
All the tests are performed by skilled and trained staff members at the best immunohistochemistry lab in Howrah to provide you the most precise results.
What sets us apart
We have the most modern medical apparatus that uses IHC for:
• Deciding with confidence the origin of a tumor (primary or metastatic)
• Identifying Carcinoid (Neuroendocrine) tumor
• Clinical management of breast cancer, malignant melanoma, head and neck cancer, etc.
• Diagnosing any hematolymphoid proliferation accurately which is mandatory for treatment regime selection
• Monitoring progress of cancer (Predictive and Prognosis)
Apart from individual IHC marker, a variety of IHC panels are offered - Confirmatory Diagnosis 1 (upto 5 marker), Confirmatory Diagnosis 2 (6 & above marker), any 3 Marker Organ Specific, Cell block with Confirmatory Diagnosis (upto 6 marker), Breast Cancer Comprehensive Panel (ER, PR, HER2), Breast Cancer Extended Panel (ER, PR, HER2, Ki-67) etc.